First off, lemme just explain what happened yesterday because Instagram and Facebook really managed to get on my last nerve. I had to post and delete the original post on Insta because it had sexual content within it. Sexual content being the fact that my post had the word ASS in it. 12 BOOKS TO WARM YOUR ASS UP THIS WINTER! Facebook and Instagram needs to get their priorities sorted because the most sexually suggestive thing about this is the word sexual. Alrightttyy thanks guys, onto the blog post…
I hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas season, drinking plenty of hot chocolate (no pumpkin spice latte’s around this blog plz and tenx) and talking loadddddssss of Autumn/Winter photos. But as it begins to get colder, it means we stay in longer, buy more blankets and maybe bring baby-gro’s back???? Yeah, I had a feeling that might be a hard one to bring back but I’m doing it anyway. So, back to my point. As it gets colder, for my readers that still love Wattpad, Kindle books and a good ol’ hard back this one’s for you guys I’ve made this list over the last few weeks of August (I read a shit load of books) just to make sure they fitted this seasonal book theme in time for Christmas 🙂
So get your favourite blanket, maybe start your favourite music playlist and get Amazon Prime student because you have a fuck-ton of books to order in the next 24hrs.
- My true love gave to me This holiday anthology is filled with 12 stories from some of YA’s bestselling authors including Rainbow Rowell, Stephanie Perkins, David Levithan, and many more. These stories will make you swoon, laugh, and cry in the very best way.
- Dash and Lily’s book of dares Well-read 16-year-old, Lily, leaves her red journal of dares on her favorite bookshelf in her favorite bookstore, hoping the right guy will pick it up and follow her clues to which Dash finds. Pretty sure you know how it’ll end 😉 regardless it’s an alright read 👏🏾
- Becoming Betty Betty Brown is getting a complete fresh start at sixth form. No one knows her and her embarrassing life before. She has a 4 step plan to become popular, fall in love and become who she’s always wanted to be. Until she meets Viv and falls into some pretty bad habits.
- The Original Folk and Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm an assortment of the original before Disney stories that you definitely need to read!
- Everything Everything I had a love/hate relationship with this book. Maddy has a life threatening condition that means she’s literally allergic to the world. She’s never stepped foot outside, follows strict procedures to make sure she doesn’t get sick (the common cold could kill her) until Olly moves in next door. During the book Maddy learns more about herself, gives in to a life she had been deprived of and will make you find out if some things are just worth dying for. See. This is my love/hate situation.
- Girl Mans Up This book is about a girl that dresses up in her brothers clothes, but unfortunately society isn’t as accepting and as forward as it should be. We’re still stuck in traditional values, which for Pen causes a lot of problems.
- The Sun is also a star if you’re a hopeless romantic that believes in fate or you’re the kind of person that needs cold-hard facts in front of them this book is for you. When a problem meets a solution in this universe anything can happen.
- Kissing Kate When you’re a young person questioning your sexuality while also trying to find yourself, life can feel like a real bitch.
- IT After the massive craze for the film IT my fear and love of horror films ignited. I haven’t read this book or watched the film (this is the kind of film you watch at a sleepover or the kind of book you read in broad daylight…yeahh I’m to scared)
- Who Runs The World? A virus wiped out all the men on the world, women have re-developed the world, signed peace treaties, made the world a better place. Until River finds Mason.
- A study in Charlotte When Jamie Watson and Charlotte Holmes start going to the same boarding school they realise their great-great-great-grandfathers were one of the most infamous pairs in history. Yet, their friendship doesn’t start off like their family members, until a student in their class is murdered. With relations like that, they’d be guilty to not investigate.
- The Memory of Things After 9/11 Kyle finds a girl in angel wings covered in ash, a whole story to tell and a mystery to solve. The more Kyle finds out the more he fears losing her.
- ….And a happy new year? Evie, Amber and Lottie have just finished college and New Year’s is just around the corner which means new possibilities and troubles. The author of this book Holly Bourne wrote one of my favourite YA books ever called The Manifesto on how to be interesting I read that a few years ago and it does have a bit of an autumn feel to it so it’s kinda on the list. Holly Bourne is an amazing writer and you guys should really check out all her books.
Hope you guys liked this blog post, see you in the next one bootiful people and have a Merry Christmas!🍯🐝🌼